The Bowls Development Alliance is inviting all Bowls England and EIBA affiliated clubs to apply to be part of the Club Development Programme.
Is your club losing members? Are you finding new member recruitment challenging? If yes, then…
Join the programme that helps bowls clubs recruit an average of 20 new members per season!
Since 2017 we have worked with over 100 clubs and used our expertise to inspire committees and volunteers to promote, transform and modernise their clubs and help them kick-start successful recruitment campaigns that bring new members.
If you wish to apply, get in touch with us as soon as possible! We have a limited capacity and we will be accepting applications only until:
• For outdoor clubs – end of March 2020.
• For indoor clubs – end of August 2020.
The Club Development Programme offers Bowls England and EIBA-affiliated clubs across the country unique support to develop and better sustain their current membership numbers and recruit new members into the sport. Each club involved is allocated one of our Club Development Officers who will be working with the club committee throughout their engagement in the programme to:
• Generate enthusiasm amongst club members and motivate them to volunteer and support the committee in its initiatives.
• Promote and raise awareness about the club in its locality.
• Target potential new members and introduce new bowlers to the sport.
• Train the club volunteers to organise and facilitate fun open days that will leave a lasting positive influence on those completely new to the sport.
• Re-structure the club and its activities to allow for the smooth integration of all new members.
• Provide additional bespoke support depending on the club’s needs, including towards funding applications, issuing club surveys, improving the club’s accessibility, ensuring continuity in the work of the committee and more.
Every club that is part of the programme is eligible for funding worth of up to £500 towards their engagement in the initiative.
If you think that your club would benefit from being involved in the Club Development Programme, then please find the criteria for application below:
• Clubs must be affiliated to either Bowls England or the English Indoor Bowling Association.
• Clubs must have seen a net membership decline of 3% or more over the past 2 years.
• Clubs must be willing to be proactive and take on tasks set out in a Development Plan.
• Clubs must have a demonstrable capacity for membership growth.
We encourage every club that meets the above criteria to apply to become part of the programme. The size and level of the club does not matter. We have worked successfully with a diverse range of clubs: indoor and outdoor, small and large, elite and social/recreational. To apply, clubs need to fill in and email us a simple online application form, which is also accessible as a word document on our website.
THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE for clubs to apply to the programme before the end of the Sport England funded 2017-2021 Play Bowls strategy by the BDA.
• Outdoor clubs must apply by the end of March 2020.
• Indoor clubs must apply by the end of August 2020.
As we are expecting a high number of applications, we encourage clubs to apply as soon as possible to ensure a timely start. All applications will be reviewed periodically, and clubs will be informed about the outcome of their application in due course. Successful clubs will be approached by a BDA Club Development Officer to arrange an initial meeting and begin the engagement.